Monday, February 8, 2010

The past few weeks..................

Hayley turned 5! She was so excited for her birthday. We celebrated it at Chuck E. Cheese's and she had her cousins and 2 friends come. She had so much fun except for whenever Chuck E Cheese would come out. I don't blame her, he is kind of scary looking!

She wanted a "Barbie" party, so here is the table that was decorated by Danyel! Thank you!
I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she wanted a rainbow cake with all of these random things on it. So this is the best I could come up with. It turned out better than I thought it would!
For Christmas, I had given Brad a hot air balloon ride, so after 3 rescheduled attempts due to weather, we finally were able to go!





They lay it out. It looks so big on the ground!



Then they blow it up with fans and then start heating the air.

Then we all got in (Brad and I and 6 other strangers).






The view was awesome! It didn't even feel like we were moving. It was a lot of fun!
Here is one of the reasons I love the Arizonan desert. The sunset. The picture doesn't do it justice.

When it came time to land, we were going to land on these big rocks. We hit the ground with a thud, came off the ground, hit again and then our pilot says, "Ok, everybody in landing position". Brad and I were like, "What is landing position" The next thing I hear the pilot say is that we are going to tip over and a second later we were like this:


Needless to say it was quite the adventure! After we climbed out, they served us some mini appetizers and Brad and I, Sparkling cider (everyone else had wine). We got to enjoy the beauty of the desert and then go home!

We are busy now getting ready to move to Utah in a few days! Hopefully I'll post more soon!










10 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

Hot air balloon ride...you're brave. I think I'd be too scared. Crazy that you're already almost done with one of your rotation moves!

Kristen M said...

The cake turned out really cute! I can't believe she's 5.

The hot air balloon ride looks like fun. That is a cool idea!

Webster Family said...

What a great idea for the hot air balloon--we always saw those flying around! Should have done it! :) The care turned out really cool! Don't forget to let me know if you need anything!!

The Browning Family said...

Looks like fun! Hope to see you soon!

Katy said...

So excited to have you guys in Utah!!

jayna said...

um what IS landing position??? what happens if those things pop? love the cake. i love the unicorn trying to get up on top. ha ha ha.

hugs,
j

Meredith said...

holy hotdogs, as alisa would say...haley is so grown-up! are we getting old?:)

and sorry i don't check the blog as often as i should, but are you in utah now? maybe i'll just email you:)

Anonymous said...

Dude, your last post was in February....time to update us with your life happenings!!!

The Browning Family said...

Hello??? I need an update!! I need to see Hayley with no teeth! Come on, give me something to look at!!!! (See you in a few days!!)

jayna said...

update! update! update! ;)

lots of love,
j